La la, la la la la, la, la la, la la… If that tune sounds familiar to you then you definitely grew up watching the Smurfs! The little blue guys are back in a new 3D animated adventure, Smurfs: The Lost Village. This time Smurfette gathers up her smurfiest pals and heads off to find the Lost Village. Always close behind, the evil wizard, Gargamel is hot on their tail.
These little Smurf hats are made of meringue. Light as air, they’re dipped in smurfalicious blue chocolate just like the smurfiest smurf. Make up a batch as you head out to watch Smurfs: The Lost Village in theaters!
Smurf Hat Cookies
Blue candy melts
6 egg whites
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and prep baking sheets with silpats or parchment.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer whip the egg whites until fluffy and stiff. Gradually add in the powdered sugar, whipping constantly until incorporated.
3. When the mixture forms stiff peaks, scoop into a piping bag and pipe the meringue into Smurf hat shapes.
4. Bake in the oven for 1-½ hours. Turn off the oven, leaving the cookies inside to dry for another 1-½ hours.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on wire racks.
6. Once the cookies are dry, prepare the candy melts. Place the candy melts in a heat-safe bowl and microwave at 15-20 second intervals until melted.
7. Dip the base of the cookies into the melted chocolate, then place on parchment until set.
8. When the chocolate has set the cookies are ready to serve.